1

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Some Newbies!!

Hi all

Hope the school holidays are treating you well if you are in Vic and only 5 more sleeps (and counting!!) until school returns.
What did you get up to on the weekend? On Americas Independence Day - July 4th - we spent the day as American as we could with a trip to Disney On Ice!!
My sister and my Mum surprised myself and the 3 kids to a trip into the city to watch the show - the little ones loved it and sang along and joined in and even Mr Cool got lost in the excitement and let his guard down to join in and really enjoyed himself too. So a big thankyou and a kiss *mwah* to Tam and Mum for organising this surprise.. they are still talking about it and still "skating" in socks up and down the hallway!!

Now.. scrapping stuff..
Firstly - congrats to my bestie Jas for winning a spot on the CT over at stuck... so proud of her. Jas' work is truly beautiful and I cant wait to see what she has up her sleeve for the next couple of months...

I have been creating layouts for all the challenges on the sites I love...
Firstly is a sketch over at Scrap the Boys
Our challenge was to scrap a portrait of the boys in our lives - the photos with no story attached and journal about all the crazy things about them. Seriously.. I could write a book on this kid!! He has such a great character and an amazing personality - he is my crazy freaky alien.
I have dug out some Basic Grey from way down deep in my stash and used a rub on my friend Gwenda kindly gave me - thanks Gwenda!!
close ups...
Then over at Stuck?! we had his great sketch to work with

I have gone and dug out some of my older papers and am determined to use them up before buying any new ones ... well ... we'll see how I go.
I flipped the sketch onto its side so I could use the landscape photo of my sweet princess. I have used MM and Urban Lilly pp's and a handmade silk and paper flowers and some yummy German scraps. I bought these stamps from Mel Nunn - love her work too...

That's all for now - the kids are calling me so I better go and use more tape....

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I just love your use of embellies on these LOs. From the ribbons to the flower. Fabbo work. Lovin both of them.

    P.S. Thank you for your kind words. You are the bestest bestie.

    ReplyDelete