1

Sunday, July 24, 2011

STB Layout

This month over at Scrap the Boys, the challenge was to use tape on our layouts and the word Play... which was easy when you are the mum to this little monster....

Soooo, I dug around in the garage and found some gaffer tape and electrical tape and used them on my LO of my little man..

I'm sure I have mentioned it a thousand times, but this little man has a wild imagination and is at times very funny (funny ha ha and funny weird...hereditary??? perhaps) so this layout is about a school project he had to do where the teacher had just finished reading "the Cat in the Hat" to the class and then they were to write a letter to the Cat in the Hat... well... this is what he wrote..

 Yeah.... well the teacher thought it was soo funny that she had it published in the school newsletter that week!! So I had to go in disguise to pick up my kids for the rest of the month!!

In this layout I have used the electrical tape and "pleated" it for added texture and used silver gaffer tape at the very bottom of the page, it doesn't show up too well in the photo.
 I have also used lots of goodies from Old Favourites" such as the envelope that holds the details of the story behind the letter, the paperclips, puzzle pieces, twine, vintage tickets, the funky alphabet ribbon at the top of the page and the red film strip tape
and here are some funky pieces from a MASSIVE pack of goodies I won from my buddy Leanne J (thanks again babe!!) and one of my ZZ Shop bottlecaps that you can squizzy at with the link at the top of my blog...

So there you have it girls...after a VERY long break from my trusty computer and camera...I am back.

please leave a comment and let me know what you have been up to while I wasn't watching... hope you were good.
Whats the goss???

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back Mel. Hope you like being back online :) Great LO and good luck with the DT application

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, well back with a bang I would say, this layout is awesome, how cute is what your boy wrote, sooo cute. I love what you did with the tape and isn't it great to use up older embellies, Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mel!! Well this is Fantastic...
    Love all your Details &
    How cute is your Boy!!!
    Glad to see you are back!! Wooohooo
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mel What a great LO i am doing this challenge as we speak!!!!
    Love all that detail and what a cute letter that he wrote.. they make you laugh dont they with the things that they come up with!!!!! LOL
    Have a great week!!!
    And welcome back to cyber land!!
    Take Care
    TONI
    XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. Fab LO and I am sure you had a ball getting back into it.
    Yay, she's back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love that layout...its awesome.
    and pmsl at that letter....love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic layout! love the texture!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful textures with the crinkled border and bottle cap on your LO. Hope you'll link it up to my Little Boy themed challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/08/sandys-challenge-5.html

    ReplyDelete