1

Friday, September 9, 2011

a stitch in a looooong time


Hi everyone...
I know I know... its been a while since I have scrapped but we have all been sick AGAIN!!!
so over it so last night I stayed up until the wee hours of the night and scrapped this one for Kraft It Up which required us to use fabric and stitching on our layouts..
I must say I went a bit overboard with the criteria, but I love how this turned out.
 And some close ups.
Lots and lots of layers in this layout (oh.... so you have layers "onion boy".... (sorry but if you know Shrek you will understand...))

first, this gorgeous fabric doilie ( yep - fabric)
and my fabric covered button which I have cross stitched this floral design into (uh huh... fabric AND stitching in one...)
and of course my fave bakers twine from here stitched onto the page...
oh and can you see the cross stitched fabric square here that is all around my bottom layer?? Told you I was up all night....
 and a closey of another handmade fabric flower and another fabric doily..
and I hand crochet-ded this all by myself!! I crochet-ded it on lace.. and yep it has lots of holes but I am pretty proud of myself... and yep it took me hours.... and double yep... crochet-ded is the action of crocheting

 more fabric loveliness

 and even  more
and so now I am going to take my poor little fingers up to bed...

thanks for leaving comments too on the previous LO big fella did.. he was so rapt to see people responding to his post... amazed actually. You made one little boy happy .Thanks for the support, it means alot!!


10 comments:

  1. oh Mel that page is awesome. Love how you have outlined the papers in black and made them pop - great piecing together too.
    Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's NO good about you all been sick again!!!!
    some of my family have gone down too!!!
    But! I SO love the design of this layout MEL!!!!
    The matting of black is Totally Awesome....
    Love all your Close UPS!!
    It shows all the Awesome details.....
    FANTASTIC TFS!
    Enjoy the rest of your Weekend!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers Mel! You should stay up all night more often - this LO is waaay cool. But my new word for the day is definitely crochet-ded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you haven't been well Mel.. hope you feel better soon. LOVE your gorgeous page, the the layering and yummy fabric elements look fantastic!! WTG on your crochet-ded embellie! Thanks so much for playing along at KIU :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuuuute pics of the gal. Love the papers backed in black cardstock. They pop. Love all of the bits and pieces like the doilies and your flowers. You have definitely covered the criteria. Just ace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page Mel!love the layering as well such a striking page ...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel, I love this layout - love how you matted all the paper in black, it's really made them pop!! Gorgeous handmade embellies really set it off too.
    Thank you for popping by my blog.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is bloody awesome mel....lovin it all........ i got your comment on my blog..... did you get my email. i didnt know if i have the right email addy for you. could you email me at amandaj73@optusnet.com.au thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOOO I adore all those layers and the touches of stitching!

    ReplyDelete